Have you looked at the free things to do in Christchurch and want more? Here are 9 things that are fun and will cost you $10 or less…
1. Wharenui pool has a $3 swim for preschooler & parent (as well as other community pools)
2. Go to Pioneer for a swim or a tumble with your toddler ($3.50 for each session).
3. The Air Force Museum has a variety of tours ($5-8 per person) you can check out as well as a child’s scavenger hunt ($5 including a prize) to take part in.
4. Halswell Miniature Trains is open every Sunday (1-4pm), weather permitting. $2 per person.
5. Ice Trampoline and Tumbling sports in Rangiora has a $5 drop in session time. They also have preschool sessions.
6. Get some fish and chips for tea and bring it to the park of choice (see #7 in the Free Things to do in ChCh page). Or eat it at the beach. Enjoy being together with friends or family!
7. Grab a cup of coffee or a treat while your kids play. Search our Facebook forum for child friendly cafes here in Christchurch. There are some great options!
8. Take a ride on the bus. See different parts of the city and suburbs than what you’re used to. For as little as $1.15 – 3.20, you can enjoy the sights.
9. Head to Lyttelton – to their Saturday market, the weekly garage sales or to grab a coffee.